Access Control allows you to define what contracts and/or specific people have authorization to enter zones on your job site.
Types of Access per Zone
The Global Allow setting allows everyone access to the zone by default.
In the 'Contract Access' section, you can select the contracts for which the Global Allow rule does not apply.
The Global Deny setting denies everyone access to the zone by default. In the ‘Contract Access’ section, you can select the contracts for which the Global Deny rule does not apply.
Types of Access Levels per Zone for Contracts or People
The specific contract or person has indefinite access to the zone.
The specific contract or person has access permissions to the zone from a specified start date and end date. After the end date, the contract or person will no longer have access to the zone.
The specific contract or person is denied from accessing the zone.
Access Control per Zone
Instructions for Setting Access Control per Zone
1. Open the main menu (hamburger menu icon in top left of screen).
2. Click on “Zones”. Here you will see a list of all current zones on site, a description, and the amount of people with access.
3. Click on any zone to choose access settings.
4. Under ‘Global Access’, select which default access that zone requires.
5. Under ‘Contract Access’, select any contracts that require specific access rules within the zone from the dropdown menu.
6. Under ‘Access Level’, specify the access terms required for that contract (see above definition for Types of Access Levels).
Note: If you do not see all fields or cannot change zone access settings, you either do not have permission in your role, or the field does not apply to your project. User permission roles for zone access settings are: Full Access, Contract Admin, and Registration & Safety.
Parent and Child Zone Access
For projects leveraging zone hierarchy, that is zones that include nested or child zones, management looks a bit different. The zones listing screen allows you to expand parent zones to see any child zones and management them appropriately.
Clicking on a child zone will allow the Inherit from Parent option for access settings. This provides the option to simply copy access rights from the parent zone including any global settings and contract and individual exemptions.
Access Control per Person
In addition to setting access rules for contracts in zones, you can set access control for specific people that will override a contract rule if it applies.
For example, if a zone access setting is ‘Global Deny’ but the ‘Contract Access’ authorizes the electrician contract team only, you can still grant access to specific people from other contracts if required. Additionally, if a zone access setting is ‘Global Allow’ you can deny a specific individual if required.
Instructions for Setting Access Control per Person
1. Click on “Directory” from the main menu.
2. Type the person's name in the search bar for whom you wish to modify access control.
3. Click on the person’s name from the search results to enter their profile.
4. Click on the ‘Access’ tab in their profile menu. Here you will see a list of all current zones on the project, the person’s current access status, and applicable dates per zone.
5. To modify this person's access control per zone, click the ‘edit icon’ in the appropriate zone row (last column on the right) for the pop up window to appear.
6. Select the individual’s Access Level (see above definition for Types of Access Levels).
7. Select a start date. Select an end date if it applies to the level.
Article is closed for comments.